Nolichucky White Water Rafting
- Prices are Per Person
- Rafters Ages 7 and up
- Rafters - 44th Anniversary Special - FOR ONLY $85 per rafter! 5 or more people required
- Private Guided Whitewater Raft Private Boat for 4-5 people
- Private Guided Whitewater Raft Private Boat for 3 People
- Private Guided Whitewater Raft Private Boat for 2 People
Thrilling Adventure on the Nolichucky River in Tennessee!
This is a high-adventure, all-day rafting experience for beginners ages 7 and older. Nestled deep in the Appalachian Mountains of Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee, the Nolichucky River Gorge winds through steep-walled canyons and remote, thickly-forested mountains.
The Nolichucky is said to be one of the most technical big water runs in the south and one of the top 10 white water experiences in the country, demanding the coordinated efforts of the raft crew and an experienced guide to navigate the twists, turns, drops and falls of the river. The trip on the Noli is a true wilderness adventure, taking you through the breathtaking rugged beauty of the backwoods of the Pisgah and Cherokee National Forests.
The sheer rock walls of the canyon tower 2,800 feet from the base of the river to the pine-covered peaks of the mountains, a true natural treat for anyone who visits the area. The river drops approximately 66 feet per mile over the first four miles, creating adrenaline-pumping class III and IV rapids. The run can be enjoyed by all but the youngest children, and all experience levels are welcome.
Wahoo’s Nolichucky River Outpost is conveniently located to guarantee the shortest shuttle ride on the river, and it uniquely provides hot showers, restrooms, changing rooms and a gift shop for your pleasure.
During high water conditions, we use self-bailer type rafts. In lower water levels, Wahoo’s has hot dog bun rafts that were built to navigate low water. Either way, the Nolichucky is a full day of adventure for your group!
About Nolichucky Rafting
- Premier white water rafting trip for the family (Ages 7+)
- 11 miles of class III-IV rapids
- Guaranteed professional guide in EVERY raft
- Ideal for guests or large groups who are looking for the best trip in the Western North Carolina and East Tennessee Area
- 4-5 hours in a complete wilderness setting (Pisgah and Cherokee Nat’l Forest)
- Disclaimer: The Nolichucky experience is not appropriate for young children. Wahoo’s Adventures reserves the right to refuse service at the time of check-in to guests attempting to register children under 7 years of age.
Private Group Raft Tours
This private expedition is designed for adventurers who are looking for a more exclusive rafting experience on the Nolichucky River. Wahoo’s offers private group expeditions for wedding parties, family reunions, boy or girl scouts, corporate workgroups, or if you just have a lot of friends! We can easily accommodate large groups and can offer a private boat option for groups of two or more!
Wahoo’s caters group events and can coordinate with a variety of professional caterers for your group’s riverside celebration.
So whether you have a large group that wants an exclusive trip or you’re a small party that wants a private boat, going private is perfect for you! Wahoo’s private expedition options are ideal for all ages and skill levels, providing trips from peaceful and serene to adventurous and exciting!
Where to Meet
Adventures will meet at 9:15 am
Nolichucky River Outpost
1201 Rock Creek Road
Erwin, TN 37560
All Wahoos Trips Go Rain or Shine! No refund due to weather.
For parties of 9 or below
* A full refund will be given in the following circumstances: 1) Wahoos cancels your trip or 2) If you cancel on or before 31 days of your trip date and time.
* A 50% refund will be given in the following circumstance: You cancel between 15 to 30 days of your trip date and time.
* No refund will be given if you cancel on or after 14 days of your trip date and time.
* Rebookings – if you cancel between 8 to 14 days of your trip date and time, you will be allowed to rebook your trip to a date and time during the current Wahoos season which ends on October 31 of each year. If you cancel within 7 days of your bookings, you may rebook within the current season, however, your rebooking will be subject to a rebooking fee.
For Groups bookings (10 or more)
* A full refund will be given in the following circumstances: 1) Wahoos cancels your trip or 2) If you cancel at least 45 days before your group trip date and time.
* A 50% refund will be given in the following circumstance: You cancel between 31 to 44 days of your group trip date and time.
* No refund will be given if you cancel on or after 30 days prior to your group trip date and time.
* Rebookings – If you cancel between 15 to 30 days of your group trip date and time, you will be allowed to rebook your trip to a date and time during the current Wahoos season which ends on October 31 of each year. If you cancel on or before 14 days of your group booking date and time, you may rebook to within the same season, however, your rebooking will be subject to a rebooking fee.
Payments: A $200 deposit is due at the time of booking which is applied to your total group trip fee. 50% of the total group booking fee is due 45 days prior to the group trip date and time. The balance of any trip fee is due 30 days prior to your group trip date and time.
In all cases, Wahoos reserves the right to charge any balance due on your trip fee to the credit card on file at the completion of your trip.